About Me

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Sierra Miller and I am a recent graduate of Elizabethtown College. I received a bachelors degree in Elementary Education and concentration in Special Education and am dual certified in both fields. I have completed my general education student teaching experience in a fourth grade classroom at Paxtonia Elementary School in the Central Dauphin School District. I completed my special education field placement in a kindergarten through third grade learning support classroom at Paxtonia Elementary School in the Central Dauphin School District. I am currently working at Shamokin Area School District as an 180-Day Substitute. 

While attending Elizabethtown College, I was involved in a variety of clubs and activities including Education Organization, National Science Teacher Association, History Club, Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), and K9 Club. In History Club, I held the officer position of Vice President during my junior and senior years of college. I have been inducted into the Tau Ioda chapter of Kappa Delta Pi, the international education honor society. I served as an executive board member for this organization. I was also inducted into Alpha Lamba Delta, the freshman honor society.

I have been passionate about working with young children since I was in elementary school. I enjoyed playing teacher with my younger sister and helping younger children with their homework at daycare during my elementary years. My high school biology teacher was the person who inspired me to become a teacher. He showed me how much of an influence a teacher can make in the life of a student. I want to follow in his footsteps as a teacher by establishing a rapport with my students and helping them become lifelong learners.

Besides teaching, my family in a very important part of my life. They are extremely supportive of my desire to become a teacher and have been there every step of the way throughout my education. I believe that families are an integral part of a child's life and schooling, so as a teacher I will make a point to form positive relationships with families and keep the families informed of their child's education throughout the school year.

Overall, I want to create a classroom environment where all my students feel part of a classroom community and want to come to school everyday to learn. I love working with children and want to help them find their passion in life and feel successful.