Educational Philosophy

I want to create a classroom environment of belongingness and safety where all students come to school to learn, and are not afraid to be their self and participate in daily classroom activities. In doing this I will establish rules and guidelines for my students to follow in the beginning of the school year that will allow them to feel safe and a sense of belongingness. Effective behavior and classroom management by the teacher will help to contribute to an efficient learning environment. As a teacher I feel that the students should share control of the classroom. However, the teacher should reserve the right to decide when the students should be allowed to make decisions for the class. The students should also be allowed to have an input into the classroom rules. The rules should be logical and reflect the rules that students may face later in life. I feel that being an involved teacher and rewarding students for good work will motivate my students. I hope to eventually teach my students to find motivation in learning by intrinsic sources rather than extrinsic sources. The students in the classroom will also be able to depend on each other along with the teacher when they need help inside and outside of the classroom. I feel that parents should be kept up to date on their student’s behavior status as well as their academic status as well. Parents should be a major part of the student’s education throughout the school year, and I will incorporate several activities and conferences where I can get the parents involved. My goal for all of my students in the end is to establish a classroom environment where they feel a sense of belongingness and get a good perspective on learning that will affect the rest of their schooling and future lives.