Laura Price

Elementary/Middle Level Social Studies Education

History Minor

Elizabethtown College

I am an Elementary/Middle School Social Studies major and History minor graduating in May from Elizabethtown College in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.  Two of my passions include teaching and history so teaching social studies is a perfect fit. 

My love for teaching began when I was in high school; for four years I was an assistant ballet teacher at my former dance studio, Performing Arts Center in Conyngham, Pennsylvania.  However it was not until I was traveling in Australia as a Student Ambassador with the organization People to People that I realized that I wanted to be a teacher.  I had this “eureka” moment while I was at an aboriginal camp and these two young boys were teaching us about their lifestyles and we taught them about ours. 

My excitement for history also began when I was in high school thanks to enthusiastic and engaging teachers.  I hope to exhibit similar abilities to my future students. I believe that if we learn from the past, we can create a better future.   

Other activities and interests of mine include dance and traveling.  I began dancing at a young age and have continued today studying different styles.  I have had the privilege of teaching dance as well as stated earlier.  I also love to travel; whether it be local historical sites or out of the country.  The border image is a picture that I took of Australia’s beautiful Outback.  I also included one of my personal favorite quotes by Helen Keller.

Please look through and browse my digital portfolio.  I seek to actively meet Charlotte Danielson’s framework for teaching.  I included artifacts that support Danielson’s four domains which are: planning and preparation, classroom environment, instruction, and professional responsibilities.  Please contact me if you have any possible questions.

Thank you.

Laura Price