Component 4e: Growing and Developing Professionally

Supervisor and Cooperating Teacher's Notes

Throughout Junior Block and Student Teaching, my supervisors as well as my cooperating teachers have provided me with constructive criticism to aid in my growth and development as a professional. After teaching a lesson that I believed was not the best, I turn to my cooperating teacher for suggestions of what she would have done in that situation. Before teaching a lesson, I looked to my cooperating teacher to double check with what I needed to do, especially when I began to teach new subjects. After being observed from my supervisor, I look at what the supervisor sees as my strengths and weaknesses. Then, I am able to continue building on my strengths and develop ideas on how to change my weaknesses. One aspect of teaching that my cooperating teacher helped me with is becoming more enthusiastic. She made me realize that it is okay to over exaggerate emotion and students will not realize that I am being fake. Before, I wanted to be excited about what I was teaching, but I did not want to sound fake. As I continue to teach, I seek ideas and feedback from those colleagues around me to aid in my growth as a professional.

Student Teaching: Supervisor's Midterm Evaluation

Supervisor's Final Evaluation Matrix