Component 2a: Creating an Environment of Respect and Rapport

Interaction with students

All grades

While teaching, I engage in a lot of teacher and student interaction. I think that it is important to have an open line of communication between students and their teacher. Students are encouraged to see me with any questions they have. My supervisor has noted that I interact well with the students and they respect my authority. I maintain positive and appropriate interactions with the students. My supervisor has also stated that I provide timely and constructive feedback to the students while they complete their work. I work with students on a small group basis to coach them through concepts, especially in math.

Throughout my lessons, students work in a lot of collaborative pairs to complete workbook pages or whisper read with one another. While they work together, my supervisor observed that I walk around the room often while students complete partner work to ensure that they are on task. I make sure that students are treating each other with respect and are working together collaboratively.

Adult Mentoring

Mission Trip