Experience Working With Children          

Working with children has always been my passion. When I was old enough, I babysat my younger siblings as well as for several different families from my home town. One family in particular has four children that I babysit several times a week when I am home from college. Throughout high school, I was involved with the recreation department. Through this organization, I refereed for youth soccer teams and was an assistant coach for a kindergarten soccer team. In high school, I took child development and childcare professional classes where I prepared lesson plans as well as observed and interacted with preschool students twice a week. It was really an amazing opportunity to have this experience in high school. 

Throughout college, I have continued to actively be involved in working with children. My field placements, have afforded me the opportunity to work with a wide range of ages, grades, and cognitive abilities. Each was a memorable experience. Freshman and sophomore year I was placed in a pre-kindergarten classroom, but the children came from completely different family backgrounds. During my junior block placement, I had the opportunity to work with second grade students at the Milton Hershey School and it was incredible. For student teaching, I was placed in a fifth grade classroom and I loved working with the students and teaching everyday. As part of Education Organization, I am provided numerous opportunities to work with children in various settings. In addition, I have partaken in different events such as literacy night, which involves going to a local library to read to students and complete some type of festive craft. My favorite events I have participated in are Super Science Saturday, Lights On, and Into the Streets. On these days, children get to have fun while learning about science or other educational concepts.