Danielson's third domain (Instruction) is all about clear and effective communication of the content. Below are a few reflections from my recent field placements and assignments with regards to my interaction with the students or how the overall lesson went. 

Senior Level Education Lesson

The following reflection was on my moment of inertia lesson. The other reflection is a quiz from my ESL class with the topic of the lesson being the ideal gas law. The reflections describes what I did well and what I could improve on. The quiz also discusses how I implemented some protocols specific to teaching linguistically diverse students.

MoI lesson reflection.docx 

ED341Quiz4.docx

Special Work with Student

Alongside my "Foundations of Inclusive Education" I (along with another classmate) worked with a 25-year-old student with a learning disorder. We worked on all sorts of topics ranging from music to science, to dance, and even American Sign Language. Each session we took note of what had worked and what had not worked that day as a way to improve for the next lesson. Below one will find the journal that the two of us used to reflect back on each lesson and session. We reflected on both the student's behavior, ways to improve it, the factors that made it worse, and how the student learned the content.

Chris journal.docx

Elizabethtown High School (Special Education Classroom)

The content taught in this specific classroom was typically the same throughout the few months that I was there. General knowledge of money counting and time-telling was taught and reviewed at the beginning of the day. Reading comprehension and basic arithmetic and fractions were taught towards the latter half of my placement times. Since I knew the content at hand, I was able to help my cooperating teachers whenever they would let me. If a student was having difficulty counting money, I would squat down right beside them and count it out, step by step, until the correct answer was reached. 

Assisting the teachers sometimes was more than counting money or repeating how to tell time. Sometimes I was helping by being around to help the students pick out their library books, or observe to see if they were following the given instructions.

Elizabethtown High School (10th Grade Biology)

In this classroom, most of my assisting came in the form of repeating general questions that students had. My knowledge of the content was not strong enough to provide new information, but I was able to walk around during labs and assist those who needed it. In between classes, there would be students who would want to talk about physics with me. Naturally, I was able to give my two cents and answer questions that they would have.

My Lesson plan and Presentation

Lesson plan: microteachingplan.docx

Optics Powerpoint: Light.pptx