Having a concentration in Special Education, I have a passion for identifying the strengths and deficits of my students. Recognizing these strengths and deficits are what allows me to focus on the areas in which my students’ need extra support.  This is what shapes my planning and preparation for instruction. Conducting a CRI (curriculum- based measurement) on one of my third grade students allowed me to modify my reading instruction to meet their individualistic learning needs. This student summary form showcases the given students’ strengths and needs, as well as CRI data to support it. Data was collected via CBM probes, ORF probes, and ongoing progress monitoring. After analyzing the data I then identified instructional implications which then lead to recommendations and an instructional plan of action that focused on the learning deficits identified. As part of my instructional plan I was able to set instructional outcomes and goals, as well as a plan demonstrating the sequence, value, and alignment of my instruction. It was also vital that I integrated research- based strategies and best practices into the instruction my student received.  

Component 1b: Demonstrating Knowledge of Students 

Component 1c: Setting Instructional Outcomes 

Component 1e: Designing Coherent Instruction 

Component 1f: Designing Student Assessments 

The following is my student summary form consisting of the results of the administration of the CRI, as well as an action plan outlining the instruction being implemented to focus on the student's learning needs.