On Tuesday, February 28th, 2017, I attended the annual Leffler Lecture at Elizabethtown College. The lecture was given by Michele Norris, a former NPR correspondent and creator of the "Six-Word Stories" project. Norris shared some of the stories she has received from the project and discussed her goals in promoting diversity and ensuring that all students have a voice. Attending this lecture demonstrates that I am committed to promoting diversity awareness in the classroom. 

While in SED 222, I read an article from the New York Times about a doctor whose daughter has Down syndrome. The article discussed medical research aimed at eliminating the syndrome altogether, and the ethics behind these. In reaction, I wrote a reflection about this paper with my views on the issue. This paper illustrates that I am committed to serving students of all levels and needs in my classroom. 

A Drug for Down Sydnrome Reaction Paper

I wrote this reflection after reading Made in America in ED 105. This book provided insight into the challenges facing urban schools, and enabled me to further question the effectiveness of my own teaching methods in highly diverse classroom environments.

ED Reflection #1.docx

I wrote this reflection after I attended a Peace Lecture given by Johnathan Rudy. It shows my commitment to social justice both inside and outside of the classroom.

Peace Lecture Reflection.docx