These documents highlight the comments of my supervisor, Dr. Frick, after his third and fourth observations in the classroom. His positive feedback demonstrate that the lessons I enacted (the third a socratic seminar, the fourth a movie-making project with FFA) were implemented with some measure of success, and his suggestions provide areas in which I can continue to improve when moving on to student teaching. 

Dr. Frick's Feedback: 3rd Observation

Dr. Frick's Feedback: 4th Observation

In the course of the Flowers for Algernon Introduction Lesson (referenced in Planning and Preparation) students worked at a collaborative station to learn more about Rorschach tests before creating their own "inkblots." Students enjoyed using paint to craft their own inkblots, and we displayed the work on the classroom wall so students could observe work from each period and try to discern the "pictures" in various different inkblots.

As a result of the Flowers for Algernon movie-making activity cited in the "Planning and Preparation" tab, students created short videos highlighting several characters in Flowers for Algernon. After drafting an initial script on paper, students used iPads equipped with iMovie to film their production. Each group was assigned two characters and asked to highlight two specific character traits for each character over the course of the dialogue in their short video. Attached is a video in which a report interviews Dr. Nemur and Dr. Strauss about the ethics surrounding the experiment that increases Charlies intelligence.

Flowers for Algernon Group Video

In my EN 306 class, I wrote a ten-day unit plan focused on reading and writing short stories. This is an example of a unit plan I would create for the classroom, and demonstrates my commitment to planning and preparation. 

Unit Plan: From Readers to Writers

Unit Plan Powerpoint

Setting the Scene Powerpoint

Six-Word Story Powerpoint

In my EN 306 class, I created a lesson plan to educate students how to avoid citing false websites when conducting research. This is a lesson plan similar to one I would use in the classroom, and is an example of my planning and preparation skills.

Determining Credible Sources.docx

In my ED 161 class, I created a help guide to assist students and teachers in using a Web 2.0 tool. This is a PowerPoint similar to one I would create to teach a lesson, and is an example of my planning and preparation skills.

Web 2.0 Help Guide

For ED 161, we were assigned to create a website that could act as a teaching tool for students regarding internet safety. The creation of this website is an example of my commitment to instruction.

"Phishing" for Scams Website