Attached is my Classroom Management Plan. Created in ED 305, this plan outlines my classroom expectations and plans for behavioral situations. It includes an opening day level, a statement on creating a positive learning environment, a reflection on behavior management exercises and conversations from class, a statement on makeup work and late assignments, and samples of parent communication. Though theoretical in its current form, I hope this plan expands and transforms when I begin student teaching to become a practical tool.

Classroom Management Plan.docx

In my SED 222 class, I wrote a paper entitled, "The Impacts of Childhood PTSD in the Classroom." This paper discussed the origins of trauma some students face, as well as strategies to give them the best education possible. This paper demonstrates that I am prepared to work with students with physical and intellectual disabilities, and will be able to provide these learners with a safe and comfortable learning environment. 

The Impacts of Childhood PTSD in the Classroom

During my SED 222 field observation, I worked in a middle school life skills classroom. From my interactions with the students and knowledge I gained from the teachers and aides, I have compiled a reflection and photo gallery to summarize the time I spent here. This reflection demonstrates that I have gained experience in a special education classroom. 

SED 222 Fieldwork Report

For my ED 151 field observation, I had placement at Elizabethtown Area High School in a 10th grade English classroom. My teacher took a different position halfway through the semester, and consequently I was moved. Therefore, I have completed my reflection on my time in his classroom. This reflection demonstrates that I have gained experience in an environment similar to one in which I may one day teach.

Field Placement Report

Upon completion of ED 105, I wrote this reflection in order to look back on my time in the field. These reflections show that I have gained experience in a classroom setting and have evaluated my time spent in three different environments.

Fieldwork Report.docx