Welcome to my e-Portfolio!

My name is Jaimie Sents and I am an Early Childhood Education major along with a minor in Spanish Language. In May of 2018, I graduated from Elizabethtown College and pursued a Bachelor's of Science degree in Early Childhood Education. During my time at Elizabethtown, I was an active member and officer for NSTA, the National Science Teachers Association. I am originally from Baltimore, Maryland, but have pursued a teaching career in the state of North Carolina. As my first year of teaching comes to an end, I have high hopes of continuing my teaching career closer to my origins in Maryland. My passion for and commitment to teaching is something I have acquired from a young age, and will be reflected throughout my portfolio.

During the summer of 2017, I participated in a four week study abroad program in which I traveled to and enrolled in a Spanish Language course at the University of Belgrano in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have great ambitions to teach abroad in a Spanish-speaking country after I graduate to improve my fluency and experience an authentic cultural immersion. I want to use my Spanish language skills to help improve and enrich the education opportunities for children in other areas of the world. 

The contents of my portfolio are outlined according to Charlotte Danielson's Framework for Teaching. Each of the four domains exhibit artifacts from my teaching experiences throughout my college career  that showcase my pedagogical practices, strengths, and growth as an elementary educator.

Thank you!

Jaimie Sents

B.S., Early Childhood Education

Elizabethtown Class of 2018

"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education."

- Martin Luther King Jr.