Welcome to my Professional Portfolio!

Sarah E. Edelman

B.S., Early Childhood Education

Concentration in Special Education

Elizabethtown College '17

My name is Sarah Edelman and I graduated magna cum laude from Elizabethtown College in May 2017. I majored in Early Childhood Education with a concentration in Special Education. I am certified to teach Early Childhood Education (PreK - 4) and Special Education (PreK - 8).

While attending Elizabethtown College, I had a variety of field experiences in both urban and suburban schools and gained experience working with English Language Learners, students in learning support, students in autistic support, and many other diverse learners. These experiences, as well as the coursework I have completed, have prepared me as a future teacher and have helped me develop my pedagogical knowledge and skills. 

When I was not in the classroom, I participated in several activities on the college campus. I was involved in Elizabethtown College's Education Organization, where I served as the club's hours coordinator and helped to plan and coordinate events for our club members. I served as a co-president of Elizabethtown College's Tau Iota Chapter of Kappa Delta Pi, an International Honor Society in Education, where I helped to plan and coordinate events involving leadership, professional development, and working with children. I was also a co-leader of a Daisy Girl Scout Troop based in Elizabethtown, PA. All of these experiences have helped me build my leadership skills and have given me additional experience working with children.

The artifacts in my portfolio are aligned with Charlotte Danielson's Four Domains of Professional Practice and demonstrate the knowledge and skills I have acquired as an educator. Thank you for taking the time to browse my portfolio! Please be sure to check out the following artifacts that best showcase my work:

1e: Phonics Lesson

2d: Zones of Regulation

3d: Nearpod Health Lesson

4d: Coding