Cecilia Hartley

B.S. Early Childhood Education

Elizabethtown College 2018

Hello and welcome to my online portfolio! My name is Cecilia Hartley, and in May of 2018 I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education from Elizabethtown College.

I am currently certified in Pennsylvania to teach grades Pre-Kindergarten through Six.

In addition to my involvement in many academic clubs on campus, I also co-led a Girl Scout troop and served as a mentor for a student at the Milton Hershey School. Throughout my time at Elizabethtown College, I taught in a variety of Pre-Kindergarten through Fourth Grade classrooms, many of which were special education or inner city placements. These placements fostered my passion for teaching and lifelong learning. 

I currently teach fourth grade to a diverse group of learners in Montgomery County, Maryland. In my classroom of twenty-two students, seven have IEPs, five receive ESOL support, and one student is in the Deaf/Hard of Hearing program. This unique group of students has given me the opportunity to grow as a professional. I have collaborated with teachers to ensure that the needs of all my learners are being met, taken opportunities for observation and feedback, and designed and implemented interventions to make learning accessible for each and every one of my students. 

My portfolio is organized following Charlotte Danielson's framework. Domains are as follows: Planning and Preparation, Classroom Environment, Instruction, and Professional Responsibilities. 

Thank you for taking the time to view my e-portfolio! Please feel free to contact me with any questions. 

Cecilia Hartley

443-718-1525

ceciliahartley96@gmail.com

*All photographed students have signed photo releases*