Autism Training Certificates

While at Elizabethtown College, I have been able to better pursue my passion of working with individuals who have autism. In preparation for my many field placements, I participated in two separate trainings provided to college students through Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. The first training was in the basic characteristics of autism, while the second training focused more on behaviors and how every behavior is a form of communication. These trainings, as well as the trainings in ABA, Functions of Behavior, and CLM through The Vista School, have prepared me for my most recent placement for my special education student teaching. I was in a brand new classroom with young children who at the beginning of the year did not have a successful way of communicating. Since working with the students, evaluating their behaviors, and implementing the Competent Learning Model, we have been able to decrease the amount of inappropriate behaviors and aggressions and replace them with successful ways of gaining attention and communicating their needs.