About Me

I am a recent graduate of Elizabethtown College in Elizabethtown, PA. Before deciding to attend Elizabethtown College, I was a high school student at Northern Lebanon High School in Fredericksburg, PA. While a senior in high school and considering what I wanted my future to shape into, I could not think of any other major to pursue than education. From babysitting, to teaching Sunday School, to volunteering in the summer as a camp counselor, I was also one of the first to be asked to help out with any children's activities in my community. The decision was easy. I chose to major in Elementary Education with a concentration in Special Education at Elizabethtown after only applying to two colleges, both renowed in the area for their education programs. 

While at Elizabethtown College, I immediately became involved in many groups that provided many leadership opportunities. After being in both Circle K and Link (Linking Elizabethtown College to the Autism Community) for a short time, I volunteered to be treasurer in both groups. As a member of Circle K, I participated in the annual 30 Hour Famine to raise hunger awareness as well as providing meals for the families at the Ronald McDonald House. In Link, I was the mentor for a young girl with Asperger's and also helped with our yearly networking events. EdOrg and NSTA were two other groups that helped to broaden my experiences. I had the opportunity to volunteer at the North Museum at Franklin and Marshall College as well as assisting with the bi-annual science days for the children in the Elizabethtown Community.

Throughout my years at Elizabethtown, I have achieved the status of College Scholar as well as Magna Cum Laude with a 3.83 GPA. In my junior year, I was inducted into Kappa Delta Pi, a national honor society for pre-service teachers. I was also awarded with the Lester A. Rissman Scholarship which is one of the highest honors granted to a Junior or Senior Education student.

My experiences at Elizabethtown College have proven that I made the right decision. From my urban education placement in Harrisburg to my special education student teaching at an up and coming private school for autism support, I have received a diverse look into my future as an educator.