For classroom instruction, I try to look at any type of obstacle a student might encounter, and therefore I can plan accordingly to help the student overcome those obstacles. I want to be as prepared as possible because all students have different needs, and if I can fulfill each of those needs, learning will definitely come easier. Because I try to look at all possible obstacles, I can exhaust all resources and make the instruction as understandable as possible. Whether the students are audio, visual, or kinesthetic learners, I try to incorporate all during my lesson. My PowerPoint Presentations include visual aids and sounds clips, as well as class notes. I also like to make it relevant to the students, so I use pictures or problems that they will eventually encounter.

For example, I have included a presentation on piecewise functions. The word problems used are very relevant to the working student, so I try to make it problem that may come up. Looking at the problem (see document below), I also try to encompass all students, whether you are a male or female. Students readily get on boards when talking about money, so the activating strategy is very pertinent.